Which laminate flooring is the best? Well, that’s a lot more involved than you’d probably think. Fortunately, some characteristics and elements can help you make an informed and more confident decision. So, let’s take a look at what you need to know about laminate to make the best choice for your wants and needs.
Which Laminate Flooring is Best?
If you are in the market for laminate flooring, there are a few key points to consider to ensure you choose the best option for your home. Here are some tips for choosing the best laminate flooring:
- Durability: One of the most important factors to consider when choosing laminate flooring is durability. Look for options with a high wear rating, as this will help ensure the flooring can withstand heavy foot traffic and stand the test of time.
- Water resistance: Laminate flooring can be vulnerable to water damage, so it is important to choose an option that is water-resistant. Look for laminate flooring with a moisture-resistant core, because this will help prevent the planks from warping or buckling if they come into contact with water.
- Stunning design: Laminate flooring is available in a wide range of styles and colors, so you can easily find an option that matches your decor and personal style. Consider the overall look you want to achieve in your space and choose a laminate that fits your vision.
- Mohawk RevWood: One of the best options in the laminate category is Mohawk RevWood. This brand offers a wide range of styles and colors, as well as a high wear rating and moisture-resistant core. If you are in the market for laminate, it is worth considering Mohawk RevWood.
- Vinyl plank: Another option to consider is vinyl plank flooring. This material is similar in price to laminate, but offers better aesthetics and is much quieter to walk on. Vinyl plank is COMPLETELY waterproof and easily repairable, making it a great choice for areas prone to moisture – or households with kids and pets.
- Overall, when choosing the best laminate flooring, consider factors such as durability, water resistance, and design. Mohawk RevWood is a top option in the laminate category, but you may also want to consider vinyl plank, which offers similar price points, better aesthetics and total protection for the busy households.
Why Install Laminate Rather than Hardwood
Laminate flooring has become a popular alternative to hardwood in recent years, and for good reason. Here are some key differences that make laminate a better choice over hardwood:
- Cost: Laminate flooring is typically more affordable than hardwood, making it a budget-friendly option for homeowners.
- Maintenance: Laminate flooring is easier to maintain than hardwood. It does not require regular refinishing or waxing and can be easily cleaned with a damp mop or cloth.
- Durability: Laminate flooring is generally more durable than hardwood, especially in areas with high foot traffic. Laminate is resistant to scratches and dents, making it a good choice for the busiest of households.
- Water resistance: Laminate flooring is more resistant to water damage than hardwood. While hardwood can warp or buckle when exposed to moisture, laminate is less prone to these issues.
- Installation: Laminate flooring is generally easier to install than hardwood. It can be installed over most existing surfaces, including concrete, and does not require the same level of expertise as hardwood installation.
As you can see, laminate flooring is a good choice for homeowners who want a budget-friendly, easy-to-maintain, and durable flooring material. It is a popular option for families with active households.
Why Choose Laminate Over Tile
Laminate flooring is a popular alternative to tile, and there are a few key differences that make it a better choice for some homeowners. Here are some reasons why laminate may be a better flooring option than tile:
- Cost: Laminate is generally more affordable than tile, making it a budget-friendly option for homeowners.
- Comfort: Laminate is softer and more comfortable underfoot than tile, which can be cold and hard. This makes it a good choice for areas where you want to create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere.
- Noise reduction: Laminate is quieter to walk on than tile, which can be loud and echoing. This makes it a good choice for areas where noise reduction is important, such as bedrooms or living rooms.
- Maintenance: Laminate is easier to maintain than tile. It does not require regular sealing or grout cleaning and can be easily cleaned with a damp mop or cloth.
- Installation: Laminate is generally easier to install than tile. It can be installed over most existing surfaces, including concrete, and doesn’t require the same level of installation expertise as tile.
So, this makes laminate flooring a good choice for homeowners who want a budget-friendly, comfortable, and easy-to-maintain flooring material. It is a popular alternative to tile due to its cost, comfort, and maintenance benefits.
To learn more about laminate and which product is best for your particular case, please feel free to consult one of our experienced flooring professionals. We can answer any questions and provide you with all the information you need to make the right choice.